Keep Ohio Beautiful’s Paint Grant Program Winners Announced
Keep Ohio Beautiful is pleased to have announced the five grant winners of our sixth Paint Grant Program sponsored by The Sherwin Williams Company. Designed to provide community groups with paint and painting supplies, the program enables these groups to renew a community structure in need into something beautiful through the application of fresh paint and a lot of elbow grease. This annual event is held in partnership with support from The Sherwin-Williams Company. During the months of June through September, the five (5) grant winners will transform their structure utilizing up to 40 gallons of exterior paints.
The five (5) grant winners are as follows:
- Keep Cincinnati Beautiful – Smithall Building Revitalization Project
- Keep Clark County Beautiful – Sunflower Field Mural Building Project
- Keep Defiance County Beautiful – Humane Shelter Barn Project
- Keep Hardin County Beautiful – One-Room Schoolhouse Project
- Keep Morrow County Beautiful – Morrow County Floral Hall Project
“We are proud supporters of our Paint Grant Program in Ohio,” said Angela Brackmann-Holzschuh, marketing segmentation manger, Sherwin-Williams. “It is a valuable program and I really want to encourage community groups in Ohio to take full advantage of this great opportunity.”
“Through our partnership with the Sherwin-Williams Company, Paint Grant Program of Ohio empowers community groups to take a direct role in community revitalization efforts,” explains Michael Mennett, executive director of Keep Ohio Beautiful. “Something as simple as a fresh coat of paint on a public library or community center sends a strong message that we care about our communities.”
Deadline: April 1, 2019 – Closed until February 2020
Final Reports Due: November 1, 2019
Sherwin-Williams is pleased again to announce their partnership with Keep Ohio Beautiful in support of the Keep Ohio Beautiful Paint Grant Program. This wonderful grant is designed to provide community groups with supplies enabling them to renew a community structure in need into something beautiful through the application Sherwin-Williams paint along with supporting volunteers.
Our five (5) grant winners, one chosen in each of Sherwin-Williams 5 districts throughout Ohio, will be able to begin painting on June 1 after consulting with their local Sherwin-Williams store. The grant-awarded community projects will have through October 1 to complete their projects. The grant awardees, along with their volunteers will be eligible for up to 40 gallons of Sherwin-Williams exterior paint.
The Keep Ohio Beautiful Painting Grant is available to any Keep Ohio Beautiful Certified Affiliate in good standing. Sherwin-Williams will select winning projects from the applications submitted; private property owners and individual applicants cannot apply.
Applications must meet the following requirements to be considered:
- One building per application
- Proof of liability insurance
- Signed permission to paint from building owner, history of building
- Two before photos
- How this grant will have a positive impact on local community
- Agreement to provide a final report with “after” photos
- Must provide project plans (surface-prep plan, safety plan, communication/awareness plan)
- Must have a local budget or in-kind donations of $300 for tools and safety equipment
- Should include number of volunteers needed to complete project
Applications must be received by April 1, 2019, and grants will be awarded on May 1, 2019. Applications may be submitted electronically or by fax or by mail. Photos must be submitted electronically.
Any additional questions can be answered by Michael Mennett, Keep Ohio Beautiful, at 330-338-8328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep Ohio Beautiful empowers Ohioans to make our communities clean and beautiful.